We delight in hearing your ideas and would love to visit [in studio or via Skype] to discuss our process, review materials, and begin creating the perfect gown for your personality, body, and celebration style. Nobody else is able to offer everything from creating custom textile prints to custom beaded embellishment and embroidery. The possibilities are LIMITLESS! Check out how some custom design clients created dream gowns with us in our Custom Brides Gallery.
Let us outline the various options we offer to best fit your priorities:
Note: Prom and bridesmaids designs are all produced via our "No Frills" system. Maids from $225. Prom usually $499-899. There are numerous structural differences between these gowns and bridal.
Intimidated? Don't worry! Contact us with your questions.
Our traditional process, Haute Custom, has the intimacy of couture design. These brides will benefit from numerous peace of mind checkpoints and involvement in the evolution of their design. It's ideal for clients who:
- can't visualize an end result without it on the body
- want to see and confirm every detail. "Yes! That's just where I want the neckline!" or "You know...let's make it more fitted through the hip."
- are "vertically-challenged" and want a gown with detail along the hem
- want wiggle room to change their mind about details
- aren't evenly proportioned (ie bust is 4 sizes bigger than waist)
- have an eye for couture quality
- support local manufacturing
- are available for fittings in Houston
Haute Custom allows for decisions to be made along the way, from illustration to the muslin mock dress, through the partially-complete gown in your actual fabric, and into final fit perfections. We include the service of designing a custom coordinating veil or headpiece to round out this full-service offering.
Atelier To Go
Our semi-custom service, Atelier To Go, was an answer to the call for our signature way of infusing personality into a special gown, but bypassing the intensity of custom fittings. Instead, these clients order based upon our size chart then do alterations with a trusted (third party) tailor. (Referrals provided.) These gowns are also made locally. We usually recommend this system (or Haute Custom) is for designs with allover embellishment, use of print, and sourcing special materials.
Visit with our designer to conceptualize your special gown then order from the size chart, finalizing fit with your (third party) trusted tailor. These gowns are not produced locally, so not every design is well-suited for this process. Please note: this service is on a very limited basis and has already proven to book up fast.
Many brides' designs fall within the base rate, but optional upgrades include:
- Fabric upgrades: Silks, Custom print fabrics, beaded lace
- Patterning complexity: ruffle skirts, intricately seamed corset bodices
- Extra yardage: cathedral trains, ballgowns
- Custom sizing: length proportion, custom size
- Embellishment: Rhinestone, embroidery
Paper Dolls Separates: Semi-Custom
You ask, and we listen! We're happy to announce our new service, an exciting offering for brides on a budget. We often hear how grateful our Haute Custom brides are to have the luxury of a mock gown as a way to try on their design. We are currently developing a series of bodices, skirts/pants, bodysuits, and details for you to build your own look. We aim to stock a wide variety of sizes.
We need your help, and have a great win-win offer! Contact us about ambassadorship.
Take a sneak peek here!
Do you want a perfectly modern design that includes elements from a family heirloom gown? We love these sentimental projects. Contact us to discuss redesign compared to alterations.